Microsoft has updated the list of smartphones compatible with Windows Technical Preview 10. More than three dozens of devices, but for now it only covers Lumia models.
The first list of compatible equipment Technical Preview availed in February was limited, but Microsoft always intended to increase the number of smartphones that support the new operating system, as said by Gabe Aul, on a post published on the Windows Phone blog. The list of equipment shows compatibility with the test version, i.e for the technical preview, but there are also the smartphones that will support the final version when it becomes available in the summer.
The list includes more than 30 Lumia models, which are among the top models.
Compatibility list includes the following models:
- Series 4: Lumia 430, 435, and 435 Dual-SIM
- Series 5: Lumia 520, 525, 526, 530, 530 Dual-SIM, 532, 532 Dual-SIM and 535
- Series 6: Lumia 620, 625, 630, 630 Dual-SIM, 635, 636, 638 and 640 Dual-SIM
- Series 7: Lumia 720, 730, 730 Dual-SIM and 735
- Series 8: Lumia 810, 820, 822 and 830
- Series 9: Lumia 920, 925 and 928
- Series 1000: Lumia 1020, 1320 and 1520
For now, as you can see on that list, only Lumia branded devices are on the official list from Microsoft, but that does not mean the compatibility should not be extended with those manufactured by other brands such as HTC. The Technical Preview still has some technical problems that are documented and installation is not without risk, but if you want to fall back any time, it is pretty simple and it is a search away.